Hispanic Marketing Trends 2018
April 23, 2018
According to the Pew Research Center, the Latino population in the United States has reached nearly 58 million in 2016 and has been the principal driver of U.S. demographic growth, accounting for half of national population growth since 2000.
It's likely that you'll have more Hispanics in your potential customer base than you think and you should be using that to your advantage in your marketing strategy.
Interesting Data Points
To Help Your Business Reach A Hispanic Audience Online
- The U.S. Hispanic population was estimated to reach $1.5 trillion in buying power in 2015, a 50% increase from 2010.
- Search is the top online resource used by U.S. Hispanics for gathering information about a purchase, and many of these searches are done on mobile.
- Consumers favor online sources over family, radio, and TV when it comes to gathering information about something they're considering buying.
- Among Hispanics who recall seeing online ads, 93% take action — whether that's performing a search, visiting a company's website, or making a purchase.
- Hispanic consumers are highly bilingual online. Check out our blog post on whether to use English or Spanish when marketing to Hispanics online.
Source: Think With Google
Download our infographic for a guide to growing your business' digital presence and engagement in a highly populated Hispanic area.
How to Use These Trends In Your Marketing Strategy
To Get Ahead In 2018...
- Connect with this tech-savvy audience on the devices they're using the most. We recommend that your content is optimized for mobile devices.
- Hispanics are projected to become a key target group for many industries. Keep your team updated with relevant content across all media platforms and devices.
- Include culturally relevant elements in your brand's website. It can make them more appealing and help drive engagement.
The famous Chichen Itza Mayan Aztec Temple in Mexico.
You will find native Mexican plants sprinkled around our website and other branded materials.
Colorful decor from a Mexican market, the key here is color. Not only does Mexico resonate with bright colors, it also fits in with our company brand. Don't force something to fit, only use it if it makes sense.
Comments or questions are welcome below!